Amazon

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

# kids

Sleeping Comforts

Last night as I was putting Mr. L to bed last night, he grabbed as many of his stuffed animals he could wrap his arms around. I think he had Mickey, Lightening McQueen, a sock Dog, and a koala. These have become his standard sleeping buddies each and every night. He has to have them and will attempt to ask for them if they aren't in his bed.

It got me thinking about how it is nice to have something comforting to sleep with. I for years had a down pillow I like to sleep with until it had an unfortunate accident in the dryer. Needless to say it was raining feathers out the dryer vent. These comforts seem to help us sleep.

I was never the kid to have a blanket or a doll I just had to sleep with. I did have a baby doll that I did really like and usually did sleep with it but was okay if I didn't have it. Miss O was like that with the newborn cabbage patch doll she had for a long time. She dragged that doll around everywhere and than one day, just decided she didn't need it. She does on occasion sleep with Barbie and Ken.

I think something in us likes to have those comforts for sleep. I still tend to take my one pillow and cuddle with it as I sleep. Years ago Winnie the Pooh somehow made it into our bed (I think the cat might ha dragged it in) and when I woke up in the morning I was cuddling with him.

These tokens we have help to comfort and sooth us. I think it is so cute my toddler has his "babies" that he likes to play and sleep with. These buddies have rode the rode the rails, driven in the dump truck and yes there has been a tea party or two involved. This is such a great way for kids to begin to understand how to socialize with others because the first socialize with their beloved stuffed animals.


No comments:

Post a Comment