Amazon

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

# crafts

Pinwheel Pinwheel Spinning Around Wreath


I am so giddy about how this wreath turned out that I have to share it as an extra post. I made this fun Pinwheel card  which got me thinking about what I could do for my next front door wreath. I decided to retire the coffee filter wreath I decorated for both Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day. The wreath did me well and is now packed away and will likely be always a St. Patty's Day wreath now because when I tried to take the decorations off, they were tearing, so I just left it.

So I was thinking about the Pinwheels and how cute they would make into a wreath. I created twelve 6x6 inch pinwheels and attached them to the skewers via the brads and some tape. Most of the pinwheels actually spin and I thought that would be a fun thing to interact with when you are at the door. I than took a wreath from the craft store and arranged them on there. I did trim the sticks as needed.

I love how fun it looks for Spring and I can keep it up for quite awhile or until another idea pops into my head which they always are.


4 comments:

  1. How cute Becky!!!! :) I love your creativity & fun spin on your wreath! I bet it's awesome IRL! Thanks for joining the DT Call at The Technique Twist! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! And I just caught my own pun "fun spin"! LOL

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the kind words. It is my spring wreath that I love putting out. Everyone has to touch and spin it! :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute and fun , thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete