Amazon

Thursday, April 5, 2012

# recipes

Lime Chili Chicken and Dumplings

I know it might sound weird but it was really good. A few weeks ago at the grocery store they had a coupon for these infused chicken broths. I got the Lime and chili version and have been trying to figure out what to with it.

I had some left over chicken from the night before so I took that and chopped it all up.  I added some frozen veggies and pre made dumplings I bought.

The basics are as follows:
32 ozs ofLime Chili Chicken Broth
2 cups water
2 cups of chopped up cooked chicken
2 cups of frozen veggies

Through it all in a pot and let it simmer for about an hour. I actually went outside with the kids, weeded, and would periodically check on it to make sure that it wouldn't burn. I did it on low the whole time.

I really like it and it thicken up nice and both kids ate it. It had a minor bite to it which was nice rather than bland that many times chicken and dumplings can have.

Enjoy!1

No comments:

Post a Comment