Amazon

Thursday, April 12, 2012

# recipes

Roasted Corn Salsa

I have been doing this Veggie/Fruit Co-op for about 2 months now and it was my turn to go. I have a great partner and we ventured to the north side of Houston to a area that is where the wholesalers are located. We picked a variety of things like corn on the cob and avocados so it got me thinking what could I make and bingo some roaster corn salsa.

I took three ears of corn and sliced them off the cob and used two small green peppers from my garden but one would be fine. I toasted it all with some olive oil and roasted it for about 30 minutes or until you start to get char marks on the corn and peppers.  I than let it cool for about an hour.

I than took and chopped up 2 roma tomatoes, half of onion, one large avocado, salt, olive oil and dried cilantro and tossed it all in a bowl. I let it set in the fridge for at least an hour to get all the flavors mixed together. What a great spring treat to have with some chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment