Amazon

Friday, December 7, 2012

# recipes

Good Ole Comfort food

Now that the weather here in Texas is cooler and for us winter is about the mid 50s. Yes our heat does go on and we have to bundle up. Actually I just enjoy sweater weather which it is.

I decided that a good old beef stroganoff would be in order. I usually throw it all in the crock pot and let it go all day but I got a new cast iron dutch oven which I have fallen in love with and use it for everything now. I have been wanting one for awhile but refuse to pay those outrageous prices but I found a nice one for 30 bucks and it is in my favorite teally blue.

I took some cheap steaks and diced them up. Using some olive oil, I browned that and one diced onion in the dutch oven and than added in the mushrooms to cook everything. I than added in one can of beef broth, one large (family size) can of cream of mushroom, 2 table spoons of steak sauce and 2 table spoons of worstashire  sauce (sorry for the horrible spelling but auto correct isn't fixing).  I brought that to a boil and than I stuck it in the oven at 350 for about two hours. At the 90 minute mark, I added in about a half a cup of sour cream. I served it over some egg noodles and I roasted some Brussels sprouts as well. I know they get a bad rap but they are so good roasted with some olive oil and basic seasoning salt.

It was a Sunday dinner on the weekday but everyone in awhile it is nice to have those. I love that I can use the oven and it doesn't make me sweat. Thanksgiving, I was glad we only had the turkey on for about three hours (I had a 11 lb one).



No comments:

Post a Comment