Amazon

Monday, January 7, 2013

# crafts # Monday

Total Pantry Redo

If you remember back in February, I cleaned out and reorganized our pantry. I actually had people come over to look at it for ideas. For the most part it stayed clean and I was happy with how it looked. I did need to periodically go in and straighten it out.

Than in September the first bad thing happen when the master bath overflowed and water seeped through the drywall. We didn't think it was that bad until I started having a slight moth problem (meal moths to be exact). Oh for me someone who is super clean, it bothered me so bad. I went out and bought a ton of (what I thought) were air tight containers for all of the grains and loose items. Okay now I thought I got it covered, moths went away.

Than I happen to look up and notice the ceiling in there had some mold and yikes now I was really upset. What we had thought was a minor problem now was much bigger. It meant pulling the whole ceiling out and putting new stuff up there. Now it was a bigger project.

So between Thanksgiving, sickness, and the Christmas Holidays we had no idea when we were going to do it and that needed to come down. Finally we had some time and well I pushed my hubby to work on it. Yes I knew it was going to be a pain to do it but the bad drywall needed to come down.

So here is the before picture of the pantry and as I was cleaning it all out. You would be amazed at how much stuff was in there. I also decided no more trash in there as well so I bought a enclosed can for outside.





My husband got to work taking the ceiling down. I left for a few hours and came home to it gutted completely. He started taking it down and noticed more than that needed to be done and well drywall for him is easy so he just pulled it all out.





So here is it gutted. He thought it was funny and posted this picture as well with the following caption "I was looking so hard for the chili powder and of course found it right next to the pancake mix right where my wife told me but I admit I pulled the whole thing apart".

Yeah real funny but than we had the bright idea that if we had no drywall than maybe we should install an outlet (I see a wine cooler in our future) and also a light because the darn pantry is dark when I am looking for something. So my hubby went to work installing an outlet and a light for it.

Here is Mr. L helping out. He wore the hat with the light or gave it to Daddy to help him out.



Drywall went up and it took a few days to get it up and painted. 




This is how my kitchen looked for about four days. If you know me well, you know I was not a happy camper. I felt so stressed out because I like things neat and tidy.

Now here is the finished project. I took one with the light on and one with it off. That light is so nice in there. My hubby who fought me a tad admitted that with the mesh shelves you can see everything and that was nice. He thought for sure you would only see the first shelf or so. 



Now it is done and we are both just opening the door to admire how nice it looks in there. I put the stuff I use once in awhile on the top and worked my way down. It is pretty full in there but it is way more organized now as well. My hubby admitted he found it easier to find things now in there but I still don't think that means he is going to cook. 




No comments:

Post a Comment