Amazon

Friday, February 1, 2013

# recipes

Greek Chicken Orzo Soup

The kids both feel so so and I wanted to make a soup for them because soup always makes you feel better. I was looking to see what sounded good and I saw Greek Lemon Soup which is basically a creamier chicken and rice soup. The rice didn't appeal really and I knew I had some orzo in the pantry.

Ingredients

1 Box of Chicken Broth
1 Chicken breasts. I had garlic herbed seasoned one I used. 
1/2/ cup of Cilantro 
1/2 cup of Orzo
1 table spoon of Greek Seasoning
2 whipped egg yolks

I brought the chicken broth to a boil and added in the diced uncooked chicken. In the boiling broth, the chicken will poach. I also added in the chopped cilantro, orzo, and greek seasoning. I let it simmer/boil for about 15 minutes. I than added in two egg yolks with a whisk and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.  This makes about four nice servings.  The seasoned chicken and greek seasoning came the soup a nice taste and it was a nice light soup with some good flavors. I will be making this again in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment