Amazon

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

# sew # Wednesday

Floor Pillows

I saw this PIN last week when I was bored  during Miss O's soccer practice.  I than for some reason decided to go look for some fabric on the Amzon.com app (yeah that is both a good and bad thing).  I found the perfect fabric on there which I instantly loved and if you know me I am drawn to owls. I than looked for a complimenting fabric as well and took a guess with this one. I was a tad worried they might not go together because picture colors can be different but once they arrived, they were perfect together. 





I cut two large squares about 20 inches x 20 inches of the owl print and than four rectangles 4 inches by 20 inches. I sewed the sides together and than left an opening to put the filling in. I decided to get bean bag filling which as I was sewing this happen with the following conversation:

Me: Kids get the stuffing

Miss O: Okay, here it is. Can we play with the boxes?

Me: Sure but leave the bags of filling alone. 

Miss O: I think this one might be open?

Me: Okay than don't touch it.

(Half a second later)

Mr. L: Oh no!!

Miss O: Oh No!!

Me: A bunch of vulgar words as I turn to see this:



Yeah so the project was not going to be as easy as I thought. So after the kids and I picked it all up and it didn't involve the vacuum at some point, the pillows got done. 

The longest part of it was stuffing them which took about 30 minutes to do where to sew was like 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment