Amazon

Friday, September 6, 2013

# recipes

Open Face Rueben Casserole



I don't know if this is truly a Pinterest fail but I liked it the kids and hubby not so much. The one thing I would do different is layer another row of crescent dough.

I took one can of crescent dough and laid it in the bottom of a casserole dish I sprayed with cooking spray. 

I than drained and squeezed out any excess liquid out of one can of sour kraut.  I spread it across the crescent dough base.

I than put nearly a whole bottle of thousand island dressing over that. 

Taking deli corn beef, I layered than next (I used about three packages) and than topped it all with about two cups of shredded swiss cheese. 

I baked it for 30 minutes at 350 until the cheese  started to bubble and brown. I of course served it with a bowl of homemade french onion soup.

I liked it but the family not so much. I don't know what else I could change, maybe less thousand island dressing. This reminded me of a dish my parents would make years ago when they adult parties which was pretty much the same thing. 

If you try it, let me know what you think. I would curious to see how a real corn beef would be on it and more crescent dough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment