Amazon

Monday, December 22, 2014

# My Cricut Craft Room

My Cricut Craft Room- Traditions

Thanks for coming to day's My Cricut Craft Room  and today's theme is Traditions.

When I was young, I remember my parents and thier siblings getting together to purchase a family tree for my grandparents. It was so pretty and I am sure amy mom has it now since my grandparents passed on. It was a gold leaf tree set on velvet with everyone (at the time) birth stones. I remember for years that it hung in a special place at both Grandmother's house. My brother and I would point to it and say look at everyone in the family.

Sadly it became dated after another cousin was added on one side and than on the other side, about 10 more were added after it.

I really wanted to make one for my parents and it will grow with them (I suspect one more grandkid will be added so I made an extra scallop circle that is on the back).






I used the  Heritage cartridge for the tree as well as the birds and some font that I have imported into CDS for the family name.

I used a punch for the scallop tags and circles. I had cut out some funky tags but really didn't like it so I went with this instead. I just printed up everyone's name on white card stock and punched those out as well. This is a blend of so many ideas!




I used some grey oracle vinyl for the letters on the front. 



I really love how this turned out. I love having an idea in my head and than going to make it into something better than I could of imagined it could be. 

For the paper, I used Stampin Up's new DSP All is Calm which was the perfect color I was looking for with the paper. The frame was a shadow box from the craft store. I would say I spent at nearly two hours creating this and it will wow my mother1




No comments:

Post a Comment