Amazon

Monday, June 26, 2017

# general

What's Been Up with Me!

I have been saying for months that I need to get back to blogging but life has gotten so much in the way lately. Between the kids’ sports, school, and the new business, it has flown by. I am surprised I sit here today at the tail end of June when it just felt like it was January.

Let’s catch up everyone with what has been happening the last few months. The kids were both in sports. The girl played softball and the boy was in baseball. The girl’s season ended at the end of April (we had to much going on to continue with the all-stars this year which was a first). The boy on the other hand went to nearly the end of May because his team was doing so well. They finished second in their division. It was a wild ride and we spent many nights at the ball park. I loved it and made some great friends along the way. Can’t wait till fall ball to start so we can be back out there.



School was intense especially with the girl who had her three STARR tests (she did great on all) plus it was the end of 5th grade so lots of big things were happening. I somehow got sucked into facilitating the party and it turned out great with a few small bumps and of course things I would change if I had to do it all over again (there always is). I also had to do the boy’s first grade party which was fun. So, this fall I will have a 6th grader and 2nd grader. Time sure flies.

First and Last day of 1st Grade

First and last day of 5th grade


The biggest thing was the new business which I know many people have been curious about. A few years ago, the hubby really really wanted a drone, so for Christmas one year, he convinced me he needed one. He had one in mind because you could write code for it. So, over the next few years of tinkering, he had the idea to apply for a Phase 1 NASA SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) program. So, he applied and we waited pretty much expecting it not to be awarded anything because it is super competitive.



Fast forward a few months and it is now late spring of 2016, we were having our usual morning date at IHOP, talking about how the awards were coming out. We still were joking about not winning and well a few hours later, the hubby’s company was awarded a Phase 1 contract to basically write drone software. So, the rest of 2016 was him working his butt off to complete the Phase 1 portion.

Than the waiting game started to see if Phase 2 was ours and back in March, our startup was awarded that. It has been crazy and basically no slowing down especially for the hubby who works like crazy to make this all work. I help with all the admin like stuff and pick up in areas that need it even though I can't write code. Honestly, I have zero idea how all of it works. Though it is amazing to see his hard work and dedication pay off.

Shortly we will have employees and it will be more than just us who are working on the software system that my hubby has created. It hasn’t been easy and super long hours for the hubby but we think it will be worth it and should level off in August.  Kids have been great through it all and are excited to see the things Dad is working on. They benefit sometimes the most because they get to use the toys, I mean tools he has purchased like learning to fly drones.

So that has been what is up with me. I am really hoping to start blogging more. I totally updated the blog with a new layout which I really like.  I need to write more in general because all this stuff is always running through my head. I of course have found time to craft and am always adding on to my hobbies. I have a new one that I love to do and it feeds into my nutso organization issues. Thanks for stopping by and listening to my ramblings about this crazy life we have been living.



No comments:

Post a Comment